Dec 1, 2016
Salt & Straw's Holiday Classics Flavors!
SALT & STRAW’S HOLIDAY CLASSICS FLAVORS! AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!
Currently available at all four Salt & Straw locations in Los Angeles until December 29th!
L-R: Gingerbread Cookie Dough; Apple Brandy & Pecan Pie; Peppermint Cocoa
WHAT: Salt & Straw, the iconic family-run ice cream purveyor known for its artisanal, chef-driven approach to an American classic, is now scooping flavors from its Holiday Classics series until December 29th. Churned locally in small batches and conceived of by Co-Founder/Head Ice Cream Maker Tyler Malek, the five-flavor lineup – which includes Gingerbread Cookie Dough, Honeyed Butter Tarts, and Fennel Five Spiced Eggnog – celebrates the season’s most comforting flavors with seriously delicious (and festive) treats. Flavors will be available by the scoop and pint at the Larchmont Village, Abbot Kinney, Studio City, and Arts District locations all month. For more information, visit saltandstraw.com/flavors/#la.
WHEN: Friday, November 25th – Thursday, December 29th, 2016 (note: shops will be open until on Christmas Eve and closed Christmas Day)
· Peppermint Cocoa – It’s December. The days are short, nights start early, and the twinkling holiday lights guide you through cheerful city streets. Every grain of magic in this ice cream is thanks to the best peppermint in the entire world from Seely Farms in Columbia County, Ore. For such an incredibly intense mint & cocoa ice cream base, we amp up the yum by folding in homemade slabs of (festively colored) peppermint patties. So pull off your warm woolen mittens this winter, and wrap your chilled fingers around a piping cold cup of this peppermint cocoa ice cream.
· Apple Brandy & Pecan Pie – After a day of frolicking in the fresh snow, nothing is more comforting than a seat near the fire, and a slice of warm, toasty pecan pie. In our kitchen, we bake pecan pie filling into cookie-like, dreamy squares of deliciousness; perfecting the perfect pie filling-to-crust ratio that always leans towards extra filling. For the base of the ice cream we’re using a barrel-aged Apple Brandy from St. George California Reserve and, DANG, this brandy is good....it’s made from a field blend of local apples sourced from a single family-owned orchard within 150 miles of the distillery.
· Gingerbread Cookie Dough – An unbaked holiday cookie-laced festival of flavor. All in, this ice cream is about as warming as a hug from Grandma Malek on Christmas morning and about as naughty as her (secretly spiked) eggnog. After making our family recipe for gingerbread cookie batter (hint, we use TONS of molasses) we fold in the batter of tasty-ness one spoonful at a time. For the ice cream itself, we channeled the “hard sauce” that goes on top of the cookies, making it slightly cloying and extra spicy.
· Honeyed Butter Tarts – Butter Tarts are extra satiating when their filling is slightly runny, their crust has a hearty bite to it, and the spices are faint but present. With that said, we had to nod to our own childhood here at S&S, taking the less traditional path of adding dried currants to these pies taking a really good pie and making it realllllly great. After baking off the decadent pies, we fold them into a simply delicious, roasted vanilla bean ice cream. Heart-warming and nostalgic, this is a pretty amazing flavor.
· Fennel Five Spiced Eggnog – Warming is an understatement with this five-spiced, nutmeg-laced, fennel-forward, mouthwater-inducing ice cream. We start with a secret, relatively traditional, chinese five spice blend of cinnamon, fennel, star anise, black pepper & cloves...one of our favorite flavor profiles in the history of the world. Meanwhile, our eggnog based ice cream is like velvet pudding on a spoon; a custard made with egg yolks and a sprinkle of fresh ground nutmeg, it’s one of the most unctuous things we’ve ever eaten. Combined, eggnog + five-spice makes for the perfectly luscious, heady ice cream we've been dreaming of this holiday season.
WHERE: Available at all four Salt & Straw locations in LA!
· 240 N. Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA - (323) 466-0485
· 1357 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, CA - (310) 310-8429
· 12180 ½ Ventura Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - (818) 358-2890
· 829 E. 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA - (213) 988-7070
ABOUT SALT & STRAW:
Salt & Straw Ice Cream is a chef-driven ice cream kitchen with scoop shops in Portland and Los Angeles that partners with local artisans, producers and farmers to serve unusually creative and absolutely delicious ice cream. Each ice cream is handmade in small batches using only all natural cream from local farms in each city. Flavors showcase the best local, organic and sustainable ingredients from Oregon and Southern California farmers and artisans as well as imported flavors from small hand-picked farms from around the world. The company started in Portland, OR serving eight flavors from an ice cream cart in May of 2011 and now has three scoop shops in Portland and four in LA. Scoops of handmade, small batch ice creams, sundaes, milkshakes and floats as well as pints to go are available at each with an ice cream sommelier of sorts who will gladly take you through a tasting of all the flavors. Favorites, seasonal, design your own variety packs and pint club memberships are available for online purchase and can be shipped anywhere in the United States. Salt & Straw’s ice cream cart is available for catering parties and events. In April of 2016, Salt & Straw opened Wiz Bang Bar at Pine Street Market, a soft serve dessert bar featuring fresh spins on the childhood swirl, sundaes, novelties, and more. Find more information at www.saltandstraw.com or call 971-271-8168.
Mickey’s Halloween Party ticket is now on sale!!! I am trying to get tickets now since I am a Disney Visa Card Holder. Cardmembe...
The California Strawberry Festival is among the top festivals in the nation with over 50 food booths, contests, rides and attractions, o...
ACTRESS STANA KATIC FROM THE HIT TV SHOW “CASTLE” LIGHTS THE LEGO ® CHRISTMAS TREE AT LEGOLAND...
Hofsas House Hotel Celebrates Its 70th Anniversary, Carmel-by-the-Sea’s 101st Birthday and Announces Its 2017 PackagesIn Carmel-by-the-Sea, the Theis family is celebrating its 70th Anniversary of European hospitality at its beautiful Bavarian-inspired H...