Dec 2, 2016
New Expanded Menu at Pono Burger!
PONO BURGER’S CHEF MAKANI ADDS NEW DISHES, INTRODUCES EXPANDED MENU
Currently available at the West Hollywood location, the expanded Hawaiian-inspired Pono Burger menu will debut at the Venice location this winter
L-R: Pono Burger West Hollywood; Wild Spicy Ahi Poke; Chef Makani; Pono Burger Venice
WHAT: Guests visiting Pono Burger’s West Hollywood location will be able to enjoy a bounty of new Hawaiian-inspired dishes from Chef Makani. The expanded menu allows Chef Makani to further showcase her favorite ingredients, flavors and techniques while giving guests added options to choose from when visiting Pono Burger for lunch or dinner with friends and family. While currently only available at the West Hollywood location, Pono Burger will be introducing the new menu at their Venice location this winter.
Pono Burger Venice and West Hollywood will continue to offer their top-shelf selection of craft cocktails, beer, and wines for imbibers to enjoy, making it the perfect stop for happy hour or catching a game on TV at the bar. Highlights from the “Starters” menu to complement any outing include Wild Santa Barbara Prawns, Wild & Local Spicy Ahi Poke and Ponzu Avocado Dip. For those in search of a filling meal, Chef Makani has introduced a variety of entrées, such as the Saimin (Ramen) Bowl, Wild California King Salmon and Pitman Family Farms Panko Friend Chicken, as well as two brand new burgers: the ‘Alekina and the Sassy Wahine. Families will love the new “Kids & Young at Heart” menu, including Chef Makani’s mini burger Slider, Pitman Family Farms Chicken Nuggets, and the Prairie Farms Corn Dog.
Guided by the Hawaiian concept of “pono” or “doing things the right way,” Pono Burger has been committed to only using organic and locally-sourced ingredients on all menu items at all locations since opening the first Pono Burger in Santa Monica in 2013. Chef Makani’s mission is to create food made with integrity that above all tastes great, giving diners the option to eat better, feel healthier and live happier.
NEW ITEMS: Listed below is a breakdown of the new dishes which have been added to the menu available in West Hollywood and Venice. All of the dishes feature culinary influences which directly-inspired Chef Makani while growing up on the Big Island in Hawaii. With the trending popularity of Hawaiian-inspired concepts and dishes on restaurant menus, Chef Makani stands apart, by being one of the only truly Hawaiian born-and-bred chefs currently cooking in Los Angeles today.
Note: this is not the full new menu. The full menu is available to view by visitingwww.PonoBurger.com):
• Tempura Blue Lake Green Beans - with spicy yuzu sauce ($8)
• Wild Santa Barbara Prawns - wood-fired citrus-tamarind prawns, sweet & spicy sauce ($11)
• Wild & Local Spicy Ahi Poke - hook & line caught ahi tuna, shichimi, scallions, citrus aioli, toasted sesame oil, wonton crisps ($14)
• Ponzu Avocado Dip – organic avocado purée, wonton crisps ($9)
• Russet & Okinawan Purple Potato Chips – organic potato chips with spicy guava rum sauce ($5)
• Pitman Family Farms Panko Fried Chicken - shoyu buttermilk Mary’s organic chicken breast with pomme purée, shiitake mushroom gravy, Blue Lake green beans ($23)
• Saimin (Ramen) Bowl - organic ramen noodles, miso kombu broth, bunshemeji mushrooms, Japanese style boiled egg ($14)
• Wild California King Salmon - wood-fired local salmon with pomme purée, miso butter collard greens, chive oil ($26)
• Eel River Ranch Steak Diane - wood-fired organic filet mignon with red wine & cognac mushroom sauce, sweet potato purée, Blue Lake green beans ($36)
• Pitman Family Farms Fried Chicken - Mary’s organic chicken breast, shiitake mushroom gravy, baby kale, citrus aioli ($16)
• Wild & Local Ahi Tuna - hook & line caught ahi tuna, ponzu, pea sprouts, beet & carrots strings, onion, watermelon radish, pickled ginger, wasabi aioli ($17)
• Portobello Mushroom - organic balsamic-infused mushroom cap, lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, citrus aioli ($12)
• Ancient Grain & Collard Green Wrap - Organic red quinoa, cannellini bean, and sweet potato mash, coleslaw, sweet potato nest, cucumber, collard greens, tzatziki ($13)
• ‘Alekina - chorizo, avocado, sweet potato nest, chimichurri sauce ($14)
• Sassy Wahine - pickled ginger, avocado, pea shoots, wasabi mayo, Okinawan sweet potato chips, sesame ponzu dressing ($13)
• Slider Trio - Kuawa Crunch, Piku Fig, Sassy Wahine ($19)
Kids & the Young at Heart
• Slider – 3 oz. organic beef or turkey patty, Hook’s cheddar, Kosher salt ($5)
• Pitman Family Farms Chicken Nuggets – breaded Mary’s organic chicken breast nuggets, carrot sticks, ranch dressing ($7)
• Prairie Farms Corn Dog – organic beef hot dog, buttermilk batter, cornmeal crust ($6)
WHERE: The new Pono Burger menu will be available exclusively at the West Hollywood and Venice locations, to start:
Mickey’s Halloween Party ticket is now on sale!!! I am trying to get tickets now since I am a Disney Visa Card Holder. Cardmembe...
The California Strawberry Festival is among the top festivals in the nation with over 50 food booths, contests, rides and attractions, o...
ACTRESS STANA KATIC FROM THE HIT TV SHOW “CASTLE” LIGHTS THE LEGO ® CHRISTMAS TREE AT LEGOLAND...
Hofsas House Hotel Celebrates Its 70th Anniversary, Carmel-by-the-Sea’s 101st Birthday and Announces Its 2017 PackagesIn Carmel-by-the-Sea, the Theis family is celebrating its 70th Anniversary of European hospitality at its beautiful Bavarian-inspired H...